Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Great Weekend!

First I have to say that I am getting my energy back! Could have something to do with the fact that my baby has been sleeping 4-6 hour stretches this past week WOO HOO!! We started off the weekend going to church. I had the girls dressed in the sweetest coordinating pink and brown outfits. It is hard to get pics of them together because Analese is not quite capable of supporting Mariele yet. But I managed to get these:





Then we spent the afternoon and evening with our friends. Analese had fun making Easter eggs with Auntie Yng Yng and the kids:




Mariele was in the best mood all weekend! She was the smiliest baby all weekend long (I am so in LOVE with my baby)!






We all went out for Indian food on Saturday night, YUM! Even ran into another friend there and got to visit some.

OH, I have to post about this CRAFT! Yes a craft! Now I am not a crafty person at all by any stretch of the imagination. I really don't have the patience or motivation for MOST crafts, but I thought this was the coolest thing. Yng Yng learned to do this at M.O.P.S (she has also been trying to get me to go with her, but I've not had the energy until now). Anyway, aren't these the coolest? I even helped with the one that has Mariele's picture on it. For some reason (probably me being the reason) her picture came out more wrinkly. There is a little trick to how you spread on the craft glue. Here they are:



Today we went to IKEA (UGHHH). Had never been before, and it probably would have been cooler if it was not so flippin crowded and if my baby and I did not both have low blood sugars. We finally left so I could nurse her and we could grab a late lunch. Then we went to Sam's and found this area rug (what we were shopping for). I love it and it really warms up our living room so much!




So this past week I had a play date with my new friend in the neighborhood (well the play date was for our daughters, you know what I mean). She is coming to our house for a play date on Thursday! I was feeling guilty because it seems like she was the one always calling me and I was never calling her. I really like her too and we do seem to have a good time together. I am just glad that my old energy seems to be returning. It just took longer after having Mariele for some reason, but I am really feeling like I am back in the land of the living!

8 comments:

Carrie said...

I love the matching outfits and the matching giraffe! I am so glad to hear you are getting your energy back! The craft is cute are they coasters? Your house is beautiful and I love the area rug-- ok and where are all the toys? hee!! ;) I need to get the Easter dye out soon, too!

Mel said...

Yeah, the outfit and giraffe is Gymbo! And those are coasters. Although I don't think I will be setting any drinks on top of them! And we never even go in the living room, which is why you see no toys. Those are in the den!

Unknown said...

Beautiful rug!! It really make the room pop!

See.... you can do crafts, too.

That reminds me.....Do you want me to send Analese's birthday blanket early... so she has a gradual birthday. It think it turned out cute... it is a bit different from my original one. Think flowers... It is so feminine.

Hope you have a great week.

Mel said...

It's up to you, Carrie M! I'm sure she will love it. She has really been playing with her babies lately. Mimicking what she sees me doing with Mariele (including nursing, which is pretty funny sometimes hee hee!) So I'm sure she will LOVE to have a special blanket to wrap her babies in!

Joanna said...

OK, the matching outfits are adorable, but add in the giraffe, and it's too cute for words. Your girls are beautiful.

I'm glad you are getting your energy back. It really comes through in this latest post. Sleep is a wonderful thing.

Carole said...

OMG the girls are getting so big. YAY for sleeping babies! Both my kids didnt sleep through the night until 8 months old.

I LOVE your rug. Is Sams like Costco or more like Wal-Mart?

carole
xoxo

Mel said...

Carole, Sams is like Costco (although it is the same company as Wal-Mart). Thanks! I was glad to find such a pretty rug there.

Karla said...

LOVE the smiles on your beautiful baby girl. The outfits are too cute!!!

Yay for energy!!!