Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A LATE milestone for Analese....

She got her first haircut today! Her hair has been really scraggly lately. It has been uneven and increasingly unmanageable. A month or two ago I had Lee lightly trim the ends. And he VERY lightly trimmed them. I think he did not want to mess it up or anything. I decided to take her to my old stylist (who is SUCH a treasure). I guess I should start with some before pics. Here is one that was taken a few days before we left. This is the natural state of her hair shortly after a bath. Wild!



Lately, all I can really do with her hair is put it in a ponytail. This is a pic of her ponytail today before we left for her hair appointment.



I took some iPhone photos of her at the hair appointment.





She did great! I think she enjoyed feeling pampered, and it helped that I told her she was getting "princess hair," of course.

Here are some after shots. Her hair had been in a ponytail, so I took these before I wet it to see how the curls would behave .





Then I wet it down to see the curls pop out! I thought it looked really cute. Now she can wear her hair down again. And Laura gave her the certificate along with a little ziploc containing a little lock of her hair. She was quite proud, as you can see.




9 comments:

Stacey said...

So beautiful! I know the grass is always greener, but what I wouldn't give for such lovely curls!

MyWorld said...

I love the curls, too! I think my little one may have some curly whisps and it makes me afraid to cut hers because I don't want to lose them!! She looks like she did great in the chair!

London said...

So pretty! I'm anxious to see what kind of hair my baby girl is going to have. Either way, she'll most likely be bald for a while, just like her brother was!

Carrie said...

I have a love/hate relationship with my curls. She has such beautiful hair, though, I love the color of it, too!

Rachel said...

How cute!

Karen said...

I also love the curls (coming from someone who has the straightest hair)! She looks so proud with her certificate.

Heidi O said...

So great. I love those milestones. I waited a long time as well to get Maggie's hair cut.

Joanna said...

She is so pretty. What wonderful curls. I can't believe you managed to make almost four years without a hair cut, but it looks like it make the first cut a positive experience.

Anonymous said...

I thought I was one of the last to get my girl's hair cut! Zoey was about two and a half when she got about two inches cut off. She wants to go again, but she will be a flower girl in my brother's wedding in June 2011 and I'm not letting her cut it before then.

Analese looks even more gorgeous now! I didn't think it was possible. LOVE her curls!!