Monday, October 25, 2010

The San Diego Zoo

We just could not leave San Diego without seeing the zoo, which I've always understood to be the big papa daddy of zoos. And it was Kids Free in October! Although, I should have remembered from the free days at the Denver Botanic Gardens just how crowded free days can be. The entire zoo was overrun by school children on field trips! You could barely walk. It was crazy crowded. But we did get some great views of the animals. The panda exhibit was really neat to see.





Analese made an interesting observation as we were eating zoo food in the outdoor zoo cafe (San Diego zoo food is in no way superior to other zoo food. All zoo food tastes the same). Analese said, "Everyone here speaks Spanish but us!" And she was really kind of correct! But the majority of the people around us were fluently bilingual.

We rode the sky tram. Analese was a little uneasy about getting into the car, but I promised her a treat for being brave. That works every time like a charm!




Her treat was the panda straw. Of course, we could not get one for Analese without also getting one for Mariele. They shared the frozen pink lemonade.



We had a nice time, even if the crowds were making me a little crazy. I'm glad we got to see the San Diego zoo.


3 comments:

The Guerra's said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!! I can't wait to take our kids there!!

Joanna said...

I'm glad that you got to see the zoo, but sorry about it being so crowded.

LOL about having to buy both girls the same straw. You do know that never ends, right?

Julie said...

I have really enjoyed your posts about your trip to San Diego. We lived there before we had kids. Your posts have brought back some nice memories but also make me want to take the girls there for a visit :)