Gotta say that they are ROCKING bedtime lately. Lee got particularly fed up with bedtime taking an hour (that is one of us having to stay in there with the girls for an hour). Sunday night was a nightmare. Lee decided we should try the Supernanny technique and just walk out and keep putting them back in bed if they get up. Well, if Supernanny visited our home on Sunday night, she would have declared us a lost cause. Both girls SCREAMING their heads off. Monday I had an important meeting with the girls before quiet time where I laid out our expectations concerning bedtime. I also instituted a magnet reward system and made sure they were completely aware of the conditions for earning a magnet. Believe it or not, even Mariele understood. Since then, bedtime has been a little easier each night. Last night, Lee put them to bed. They both rolled over and pulled the covers up. He left the room (while they were fully awake) and that was the last we heard from them all night! They are both so excited in the mornings when I wake them with the news that they each get a magnet. I never thought this would actually work. AND I THINK Mariele is weaned! It has been three nights since her last "nanny." This is what we have been waiting for. The sweet spot of parenting where all of the hard work and efforts pay off!
Today Lee texted me a photo of him at work doing his job. He wanted me to show it to the girls so they would understand what Daddy does at work. I showed them the photo and totally explained that Daddy was doing Anesthesia on a baby who was getting ear tubes. I went into technical explanations about all aspects of the photo. Analese asked, "Is there another picture?" I said, "No, that is the only one." Analese said, "I wanted to see Daddy getting money." I guess I emphasize a lot to the girls that Daddy goes to work to make money for our family.
3 comments:
We tried the Supernanny thing too.... the only thing that works is for us to rub his back for a minute or two and then sit by his bed or lay by his bed. No conversation just quiet. He is usually asleep very quickly.
Sounds like your rewards are working.
Yeah... Markers are kinda messy. I did a similar thing as a kid only... my whole face was "done up".
hahahahahahahaha, the part about "I want to see where Daddy makes the money"s was making me laugh so hard! That is classic.
Also-- I love the marker picture. Looks like someone I know that lives here, and answers to the name Abrielle.
Must be something about the age and sleep. We have been having a bit of a hard time with Katie lately. She weaned within the last week as well, which reminds me that I want to blog about it. Hope that tonight is some good sleep again!
Post a Comment