Then Analese went to practice special music, because our group found out that we needed to perform Friday night. None of the clubs know until check-in on Friday when they will perform. Obviously, Saturday is better, since everyone staggers in on Friday night. Not everyone from our group was there yet for the performance, but the kids performed very well.
Saturday morning was family photos. That is me after a night in a tent. I did, indeed, survive. Although, at this point, the shower I took on Friday morning is starting to wear off.
One of the main free time entertainment sources was looking for and handling the many caterpillars that lived in the trees beside the lake.
Saturday afternoon was games, crafts and activities. Our club did three-legged races.
We got some good group shots of the kids and leaders.
Mariele got way hot and tired late in the afternoon on Saturday. Our club leader offered me the use of her air conditioned camper to put Mariele down for a nap. Sweet baby had overdosed on fun and sun.

The much awaited fun activity on Saturday night was pin-trading. Each kid has a lanyard with a variety of pins. The hundreds of Adventurer kids gathered on the lit basketball court for this activity. Basically, you just trade pins. Some people collect themes, such as flags, states, sports, or animals. My kids do not have a defined genre yet, so they were just happy to trade anything for anything that anyone was willing to trade them. They enjoyed this activity so much that they pin-traded at home all day yesterday!

After pin trading was campfire/s'mores time. That was the last activity of Saturday night, and it did not end until around 11 p.m. After that, we had the Highlander all loaded up and ready to go. We could have camped one more night, but opted not to. Honestly, I can not handle more that one night in a tent. I was thrilled to get back home at 1:30 a.m., and I promptly hit the shower. The girls had fallen asleep in the car before we even left the campground. I had already brushed their teeth and baby wipe washed them after the sticky s'mores.
All in all, it was a great family camp experience. The theme was "God of Wonders" and the message and the music reminded us of how awesome God's wonderful creation really is. Next year, however, we will rent a camper ;) I have tent camping out of my system. Although, I'm not sure it was ever in my system to begin with.
2 comments:
I must shower daily! Not sure how I was ever a girlscout! ha! What a neat little adventure your family went on. The button trading sounds really cool, I used to collect buttons when I was younger. I probably have a ton of them downstairs.
Your family is precious. What wonderful memories. I especially love the pin trading.
Post a Comment