I've been quite excited to get my very first race results. I've been stalking the website all day waiting for them to be posted. And...drumroll please....here they are!
Out of 109 females participants age 30-39, I ranked #52. My overall ranking was #334 out of 555 participants.
Maybe some of my experienced racer buddies can help me decipher these numbers, because I don't know the difference between time back and pace. Nor do I understand the difference between chip time and gun time. But here are the numbers.
Time back: 14:47.9
Chip time: 36:46.0
Gun time: 37:10.8
Pace: 11:52/M
YAY! I was just thrilled to not come in last, but to have a pretty strong showing in the middle. I am going to work on 10K training now, but I want to participate in a few more 5Ks. My thought is that 10K training will help me with 5K times and endurance. Feel free to chime in, runner buddies. Any and all advice appreciated!
5 comments:
That's great, Mel!
I believe the chip time is your actual time, based on your chip. The gun time is when the time on the actual race starts, so the people in the very front are closer to this time...I usually get in line in the middle, so the gun time is never my actual time, as I may cross the starting line 5 minues (if there are thousands in line to run it) after the gun goes off. Not sure what time back is, maybe your time back after hitting the middle of the race? Good job! I did a few 5K's before a 10K, too! Just work up to it! I am having my doubts about my half-m in a week, but all I can do is try my best!
Congrats!!!
Congratulations!!!!!
Super proud of you for finishing this race and I love the photo of you and A with your medals!
Way to go! Nice job. Isn't it awesome to finish well?
Post a Comment