Friday, June 22, 2012

Break...

We are starting second grade on Monday, and we had a little over one month completely off school. It has been a busy and fun break. This week, Analese is doing Vacation Bible School. The first day that we left Analese there, Mariele cried all the way back to the car. She kept saying, "I want Analese! I want Analese!" Those two are the bestest of friends, and they don't separate very often.
 
 I've been able to knock out some of Mariele's pre-K on these mornings that Analese is at VBS. Mariele loves school, and is learning her letters and phonics.
 Analese has had some math brain drain on her break, but her reading has blossomed. She is completely obsessed with her chapter books lately. She reads a chapter book at a rate of a book every day or two. She is a voracious reader, and I am so very glad. She even got her own library card a couple of weeks ago. Bedtime at our house typically looks like this.
 
 She is engrossed! I'm so glad she loves Ramona like I do.
 I will try to get back into more regular blogging. I was just enjoying the break from our normal structure and routine as well.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Aw! So sweet she cried for her sister all the way back to the car!

Rachel said...

This looks like our home!

What sweet little sissies!