Thursday, June 17, 2010

Exhaustion...

I am so tired. I've been up since dark thirty a.m. Analese was scheduled for her first sleepover at her little best buddy "Tee-ta's" house last night. We took her over there around 6:00 and the kids all went swimming. After half an hour or so of swimming, Analese got out of the pool and told me she was VERY cold. She was shivering violently. I wrapped her in a towel and held her for a few minutes. As her hair dried I could tell that her skin was burning up. Yng Yng got out the thermometer and it read 102. So that was the end of the sleepover. We brought her home and she had fever all night long. I got her to the ped as early as I could this morning, and the diagnosis was strep throat and a UTI. The UTI did not surprise me. She has been complaining of her pee pee hurting, and we gave her lots of cranberry juice yesterday. The strep throat totally surprised me, though. She has not even complained of a sore throat! And usually if her throat is even a little sore, she lets us know because she likes cough drops. She did tell the PA that her throat was "a little bit sore." So Analese is sick and contagious and mommy is exhausted.

Now, here are some pics from a few days ago at dinnertime, since I very rarely blog without sharing pics. Mariele was having fun with her corn on the cob.




Now, both of my kids are sleeping. I know what I should be doing instead of blogging, so I am signing out now.

7 comments:

Heidi O said...

I hope that means resting or napping.

I love corn on the cob. I hope Analese feels better.

Rachel said...

Mariele's face with the corn on the cob is precious!!

I hope that little Analese is feeling better. Poor baby.

MyWorld said...

Love the pics! Hope Analese feels better soon!

Karla said...

I hope Analese is feeling better soon!!

Mariele is hilarious chomping down on that corn! Love it!

JenFen said...

I hope A feels better soon. When Jake got strep a couple of months back it came out of nowhere but he felt better after about 36 hours.

Cute pics of M. But then again, she is always pretty cute.

Kara said...

I hope Ananlese is feeling better today. Last time Kaitlynn had strep she was back to normal after 24 hours of antibiotics. I pray for the same for Analese. She has a sleepover to make-up. :)

Oh, and that picture of Mariele with the corn is priceless!

Unknown said...

Cute picture of Mariele.

So sorry Analese is sick.. UTI... no fun.