Monday, June 28, 2010

Time out....volunteer?

Lately Analese is frequently sentenced to time outs. Usually jumping on the couch is the infraction, and she forgets so quickly! Yesterday afternoon when we sent Analese to time out (which is by the wall under the window in our den), Mariele marched right ahead of her and sat down square in the middle of the time out spot. She looked up at me as if to say, "OK - I'm in time out, now what?" I don't know if it was sister solidarity, or if Mariele just does not yet understand the concept. I do know that it was quite cute, though.

Mariele is also getting quite verbal lately. She loves to say water - "Ahwa." I will try to help her pronounce it correctly, and she repeats after me "AH WAH." She repeats most words that you ask her to say, putting her own "accent" on the word. I have to laugh every time I change her diaper and she reaches back to grab her butt and says, "BUUU!" I love to see the language development. It is certainly a fun part of parenting.

2 comments:

MyWorld said...

My youngest is almost 2 now, but she's quite familiar with the time out step. She's aggressive, to put it nicely.

I love the language development, too! We're at the point of new phrases on almost a daily basis. Tonight as she was in the tub, one of her toys did something and she said, "Did you see it?" It's crazy how different her language development is from her sister.

House of Blues said...

I love the time out thing, so cute!! Cole did that for a while too. He would run to the corner and say "wook a me!!" haha and what is it with the jumping on the couch!! My boys do the same thing!!!! Love this post! I think the language development is one of the funnest parts of parenting, by far, and love hearing other mommies stories as well!!!