Here is a handy-dandy glossary that I put together of Mariele's vocabulary words from her own unique language. I'm sure I left some words out, but this is the gist of communication with her. Also, forgive me for NOT alphabetizing.
Ah-wo: Water
A-wo: Flower
Ow: the sound made by a cat
ffff fffff: the sound made by a dog
Wa Wa: the sound made by a duck
Bo: any stuffed toy
Na: food
Na Na: breast milk
Did-dee: Sissy
Mama: Me!
Da-da: Lee
Be: Bed
boo-boo: either means boo-boo or poo-poo, must take this one in context.
Moo: the sound made by a cow
bow: bowl or plate or hairbow
boo: spoon
bu: bug
WO WO WO: she is singing the Wooly Wooly lamb song from church.
ROW ROW: she is singing Row Row Row Your Boat.
Ah la Ah la Ah la: She is singing I Like the Flowers.
No: exact translation
Ba Ba: baby
Bye-Bye: exact translation
Nigh Nigh: Night Night
And here is a funny Mariele anecdote: Lee takes her to her bed at night while I am taking a shower. He stays in there with her until I get there, and she is very happy to have him as a visitor, but when I enter the room, she literally starts trying to shove him off of the bed!
1 comment:
How funny and sweet. My nephew calls milk "bo bo". This morning Will really wanted to nurse and I was trying to finish a few things so I was ignoring his cries for "MILK!" Finally, he said, "Bo bo!" If it didn't work in one language, maybe it'd work in another, right?
It's neat how they learn to communicate.
Post a Comment