Mariele very badly wanted to catch a seagull to play with. She is just delighted by "animals" and I still think it is too cute how she says animal!
Just an observation about these seagulls, they were not as energetic and did not seem to see as well as the Gulf Shores seagulls. They seemed to be an entirely different species of gull. They were much more serene and did not beg for food as much. They were not quite as vocal and their reflexes were not as quick when we would throw a little goldfish cracker into the air.
The fact that the air temperature was in the 60s and the water temp was pretty darn cold for swimming did not keep Analese from playing in the surf! In fact, Friday she insisted on wearing her swimsuit. Friday was THE ONLY day that we had any significant sun. The sun was warm even though the air temp was still on the cooler side.
Our condo unit had a private rooftop balcony! Analese just loved going up there to eat.
There was a pier a mile down the boardwalk.
I took a couple of pics of the girls dressed up for that dinner on Monday night. My camera flash was dead for the first pic, which was such a cute pose. By the time I changed the batteries, they were all done with posing:(
One pose that I really wanted to get was of the girls holding hands and looking out toward the ocean at sunset. The problem was, Mariele would absolutely not cooperate with this idea. She was really kind of scared of the surf. She would say, "AHWO - BUBBLES - AHWO - BUBBLES!" Ahwo is water and bubbles are what she was calling the waves and surf. She would have nothing to do with any of it unless I was at least holding her hand.
More to come from our visits to Balboa Park and the San Diego zoo.
5 comments:
All so beautiful!! Your girls look so fancy all dressed up for dinner.
I just love the rooftop dining. That is so neat, and I can just imagine how fun Analese thought that was!
Rooftop patio.... Nice!!
The girls red dress are super cute.
HA HA HA! Nice try, my boys would NEVER pose at that age. Or stand still for my pictures. Or maybe girls are different? I couldn't get my boys to pose until they were at the bribeable age (~2.5). Even now I have a tough time unless I threaten them or make it into a game. It is HARD. I don't think people know how much works goes into my posed shots!!
HA HA HA! Nice try, my boys would NEVER pose at that age. Or stand still for my pictures. Or maybe girls are different? I couldn't get my boys to pose until they were at the bribeable age (~2.5). Even now I have a tough time unless I threaten them or make it into a game. It is HARD. I don't think people know how much works goes into my posed shots!!
Such great shots! Esp the one of the two girls before dinner in their red!
Post a Comment