Sunday, November 14, 2010

Making some definite weaning progress!



Lee has been on a secret brainwashing campaign with Mariele. At any given opportunity, he will remind her that she is such a big girl and she does not need na na anymore. I will remind my readers that na na is Mariele's term for breast milk. For the past several days I have been able to put her down for her nap in the afternoon without nursing her. That is huge progress! She always has to have her ba ba (baby). She loves her baby dolls so much and she will choose one to sleep with each time. Yesterday as I was tucking her in with her ba ba, she looked at me with her big blue eyes and the most earnest expression and she told me, "No mo na na." I praised her and said, "That's right, Mariele! You are a big girl now!" One huge sign of success in this area is that I can just snuggle her without being pawed and groped! She falls asleep VERY quickly (like 2 minutes or less) when I just snuggle her. When she wakes from her nap, it's a different story. She craves that na na comfort so much at that particular time of day. Lee has been able to distract her this weekend. We will see how the week goes with Lee at work. We are still nursing at bedtime and a little in the middle of the night. She is not quite ready to give those up yet. Hopefully soon! Because just look at how big she is, trying to keep up with the big girls!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope all goes well this week. Thank you for the birthday gift suggestion...

Carrie said...

Autumn self weaned, but I did have to wean Nathan when I got pregnant with little Autumn. Keep up the good work! We are working on binkie weaning. So many challenges. And I don't know about you, but Autumn is really starting to show some terrible 2 symptoms!!! ;)

Karen said...

We are in the process of weaning here too. We are doing self-weaning and Katie is down to nursing only once a day right before bed. It makes me a little sad as I know this will be our last baby!