Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mariele is 2!

Today was Mariele's second birthday! I got out the camera to capture her waking up.



"What? Huh...What day is it?? My birthday? What the heck...."



"YAWWWN"



"OK! I'm awake now. Let's go wreak some havoc!"



Another cute bed snuggle shot. "This day looks promising!"



I utilized one of the great homeschooler perks today and declared it a school holiday for Mariele's birthday. We dressed cute and went to town!



I made Mariele's favorite dinner tonight "Noonles" (how she says noodles), specifically bow tie lasagna. Then I served some mini cupcakes that I picked up at the store earlier today. Her official homemade cupcakes will be served on Saturday evening when we celebrate her birthday with friends. She would not blow hard enough to blow out the candles. Then she started to act scared of the candle flame, so Analese blew them out for her.



She is just so cute and lovable!




She opened a few presents. Analese got as "into" the present opening as she did.





It was a nice day, and she seemed truly excited to be celebrating her birthday.

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday, M!

The Guerra's said...

Wow I can not believe she is 2!!! I remember reading your blog about you having her!! Wow time flies!

Karen said...

Happy Birthday Mariele! I can't believe our girls are turning 2 already. It seems like they were just born.

Rachel said...

Holy cow-- the last few pictures of the two of them they could be mistaken for twins!

Happy 2nd birthday, little Mariele! I'm glad she had a wonderful day, and here's hoping her birthday party is just as wonderful.

Kara said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful day! Happy Birthday Mariele!

LauraC said...

Happy happy (belated) birthday Mariele!! I can't believe she is already 2!

Joanna said...

Happy birthday M!

She is so adorable. In fact, the only thing more adorable is when both girls are in the picture.

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday!! What a nice and simple birthday! She looks SO much like her sister!

Stacey said...

Happy birthday Mariele!

Kaycee said...

Happy Birthday Mariele!! Crazy how fast time goes by..
They look JUST alike in the last picture of them both looking down.