Friday, Feb. 11th - A great kick-off to a nice Valentine's weekend was dining out at Chuy's. I just love Chuy's for their vegetarian tortillas and fajitas. The girls love the tortillas also, but they really love the push pops at the end of the meal.

Saturday, Feb. 12th - My dear mother and grandmother drove in for the express purpose of babysitting the kids on Sunday night so we could have a date. Mariele is snacking on a lemon here as we await Meemee's and Mammaw's arrival.

Sunday, Feb. 13th - The shoes!! Mom and I went to the mall to find a perfect outfit for my date, and of course I needed shoes to go with the outfit. Aren't they just a little bit sassy?

Here we are all ready to go out.
I heart my Valentine!
We went on a dinner boat cruise with a group from our church. Here is the dinner boat right before we boarded. It is a replica of an old-fashioned steam boat.
We had a grand time, even though this boat never left the dock. Apparently wind speed was an issue, and this boat is only 4 feet under water and is 3 stories high. Seems like a bad boat design to me, but what do I know? I'm no marine engineer. Anyway, we enjoyed a delicious vegetarian meal on the lower level. The upper level had a DJ and dance floor, and I've gotta say that it was really quite fun.
Monday, Feb. 14th - Happy Valentines Day! I did some typical Valentines stuff with the kids. We baked brownie covered oreos and worked on the shrinky dink Valentine tree. But what REALLY made my day was getting this box on my doorstep.

That is Analese's school curriculum for the next school year, which for us starts the beginning of July.
Tuesday, Feb. 15th - I have immersed myself in the box and taken to organizing everything on the shelves in the school room. May seem dorky, but I so absolutely love this!!
Today I am dealing with two under the weather kiddos. Everyone here seems to have a little runny nose/sore throat type of illness. Both the kids are asleep right now. Analese normally does not take a nap, but today she wanted one. She did not even want to wake up for her piano lesson, so her teacher is coming back tomorrow.
4 comments:
Ok, I just love the picture of the box with all the school curriculum. How awesome! I love reading about your homeschooling.
How wonderful that you had a Valentine's Day date! Oh, and I love the scratch and sniff stickers.
Heehee! Fill me in on this Valentine shrinky dink tree! I am ever so curious!I think you are SO amazing for teaching Analese at home. And, love the shoes!
I have a thing for school supplies and organizing, so I love your shelf. And, impressed that you homeschool. I don't have the patience to be able to do something like that well.
Yay for a date night! The shoes are cute!
Hope the girls feel better soon!
Thank you for the reminder to put in my order for next years school books. I will have to share some of our extra stickers with you.
Post a Comment