Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Blueberry Picking...

We decided spur of the moment today to go blueberry picking. This decision was made around 10:30 a.m. Now, most sane and intelligent people around here go to pick their berries in the early morning before it becomes blistering hot. We, however, decided to run this errand and that errand first, then stop for lunch, so it was about 1 p.m. by the time we arrived at the blueberry farm. Analese was a surprisingly good berry picker, and she picked almost as much as Lee did. Mariele's bucket was not nearly as full, and I had to sort through hers to discard the green berries. We sampled quite a few berries out in the field. They encourage everyone to eat the berries as they are being picked. The drought we have had caused the berries to stay green longer, although we did yield 3.5 pounds of nicely ripe and sweet berries. It was a fun, yet hot time.












Afterwards, Mariele was hot, tired, dirty & thirsty as she was getting her poopy diaper changed.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Fun!!
I forgot to tell you how much I love Mariele's hair in pigtails.

Carrie said...

Mariele does look hot!!! I have never gone blueberry picking, but I think they will be in season here soon. Hmmm! Going to do any baking? Enjoy! Yum!

Joanna said...

That's one hot, sweaty baby! Adorable, hot sweaty baby.

What a fun way to spend the day.