Monday, October 31, 2011

Thursday Part 1...including a special blog friend meet up!

I'm dividing Thursday into two parts because it was a very character intensive day. We spent the day at the Magic Kingdom, and we caught all of the rides and attractions that we had not previously been able to do. All throughout the Disney parks, they have these great 3D shows (actually 4D). Every time we were going on a ride or into a theater for a show, Analese would ask four questions: 1) Is this fast or slow? Of course, we only went on slow rides. 2) Does this ride go upside down? No, of course not. 3) Does this ride go underwater? Seriously, child? You really think I would take you and Mariele on a ride like that? 4) Will we get splashed with water? OK - this is a valid question. You never know when you are going to get splashed with water at any of the Disney rides or attractions. Watch out for the seats that have hidden nozzles in the theaters. Mariele wears her 3D glasses just like she wears her sunglasses - upside down. It is just her special style, along with wearing baseball caps and princess tiaras gangster style.



We headed over to the Crystal Palace to have a wonderful Winnie the Pooh and friends buffet and to meet Kara and her family! Kara's daughter, Kendall is Analese's age (a May 06 baby, in fact). I have really hit the jackpot with my blog friend meet ups in theme parks. A year ago I met Jenn at Legoland in California, and this time I got to meet Kara at Disney. Kara and her family are delightful people. Analese totally hit it off with Kendall, and was wondering when we can have another play date with her. Too bad we live probably 18 hours apart from one another. But we could very likely have another Disney meet-up in the future, since Kara and her family do frequent Disney, and we are definitely going back, too, at some point.









5 comments:

Carrie said...

Love it when there are bloggy friends meetups! I have only met one May06 Mommy, I feel so behind. Love all your Disney blog posts!

Lindsay said...

Yea for meeting Kara!

Karen said...

Looks like fun! Glad to hear that you had a great meetup with Kara.

Kara said...

Awe, we had a great time hanging out with you guys. I love the pictures of all of the girls. I may have to steal some of them. ;)We are heading to Disney Land in January. It will be our first trip to California.

JenFen said...

Yeah for another successful blog meetup - I am jealous because I would really like to meet Kara and it looks like you guys had a blast.