Friday, November 21, 2008

Hazard of bathing with a toddler (Hazard to the toddler that is)

I decided to take a bath today.  A was playing with her toys in our bedroom, but when she realized that I was taking a bath instead of a shower she came running into the bathroom stripping off her clothes wanting to get in with me.  This is something we do pretty often, no big deal.  But today I actually decided to shave my legs (a task normally reserved for the shower).  So guess what collided in mid-air halfway through my second leg being shaved?  You guessed it - my razor and her left pinky finger.  Her pinky fingernail is partially shaved off now and the tender skin underneath was bleeding profusely.  So bath time is over.  I gave her neosporin and a Dora band-aid and lots of TLC.  At least she got a Dora band-aid.  Lately she makes up imaginary boo-boos and requests Dora band-aids.  I always ask her if the boo-boo is actually bleeding.  Well, let me tell you, this boo-boo was bleeding!  I felt pretty crummy about it.  But after some extra cuddle time she was off to her old lively toddler self.

4 comments:

Carole said...

LOL Love the title of that thread!! Hope she heals well, she may go through the whole box on that one boo-boo.

Karla said...

Oh poor Analese! I hope she is alright!

Stacey said...

Oh I hope she is okay. At least she got to get a Dora bandaide

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor sweetie!! Hope her finger heals quickly.

Shaving your legs pregnant.... Wow!!!