
I just put Analese down for her nap. Luckily most days she is very willing to take her nap and does not struggle. It is much harder to wake her up than it is to get her to go to sleep. She had a fun morning because we went to two different pet stores to find a kitty igloo for Dudio and Tabatha. She even got to pet a mouse today! It was very chilly last night for Texas. I think the temp dipped below 40 degrees, which does not happen very often here. In Colorado the kitties were well sheltered in the garage with their heated pet bed and 0 degree mummy sleeping bag. But here they are sleeping on the back screened in porch. So if it is windy, the screen does not keep the wind out. We usually do not get Colorado force winds here, fortunately. But the screen porch temperature is pretty much the same inside and outside of the screened porch (whereas the Colorado garage rarely dipped below 55 degrees). So we decided that they need a little more shelter than their kitty cages provide. We found this kitty kat condo, which happens to be the same product as a "dogloo" except it is carpeted on the bottom. Lee is so very sweet because he decided that they even need a kitty bed on top of the carpet, so we also bought a warm cozy kitty bed. And it has a door flap! It is made out of this insulative foam material. It is hard and sturdy, however. We are supposed to have another chilly night tonight, so the kitties get to try it out! So far I think they like it. I know my cats lead pretty cushy lives for cats!
On Sundays I compile my to-do list for the week. This week looks to be pretty busy. It is so hard to find time to do everything that I need to do. My top priority lately is spending time with Analese before the baby arrives. I am enrolling her in a class at the Little Gym. There are eight sessions left. The last session will be the week before my c-section. We have library time on Mondays and Children's museum time on Fridays, so a great deal of my week is spent doing activities with her. Then of course the laundry piles up and there is other housework needing to be done. There is always grocery shopping and Wal-Mart runs. And I must balance this with some quiet, meditative time for myself where I do my daily Bible reading. Sometimes I try to cram so much into her naptime.
4 comments:
Welcome to the bloggong world...it's a blast!
I got a good giggle out of your post title and the picture you have posted. The first thing that went through my mind was, "No, she didn't put A down for a nap in the kitty igloo, now did she?" I'm glad you didn't, but it sure made me smile.
Just remember with two, time to yourself becomes more difficult to find. Take the time now and relish.
Joanna, ROTFL!!! Yeah, I guess the post title and photo just don't quite match! No, A has not tried out the igloo yet!
Post a Comment