Friday, June 12, 2009

A new level of baby wearing!

So yesterday Mariele was in a bit of a mood all day. Not quite sure why, but she was not as content as she normally is. She is usually my easy baby who will allow me to put her down for nap or bed drowsy but awake. Yesterday she only wanted to be held, and when I would lay her down after she fell asleep she would wake up immediately and cry. We gave her a dose of Tylenol in case she had some little ache or growing pain somewhere. I did not know how I was going to get anything done. So I grabbed the New Native. I have not used it in awhile. It was wonderful when she was tiny to carry her in the cradle position and let her sleep. I knew there were several other carrying positions that I had not tried. So I experimented yesterday and tried this hip holding position. As soon as I put her in there she gave a little sigh of contentment and if she could talk I'm sure she would say, "That's what I'm talkin' 'bout mommy." I prepared dinner while carrying her this way. She never fussed once. She just found her little thumb (always the left one) and went right to sleep! So once again YAY for the New Native!



5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Precious!

Anonymous said...

I never could find a sling that I liked...wish I would've tried this one! oh well, Marissa will be 1 year old next month and is so mobile she'd go nuts being wrapped up ! LOL

Carrie said...

I tried that position but it hurts my shoulder after awhile so I am REALLY looking forward to getting the Bjorn. She is so content in there, though...awww! Autumn has been wanting to be held a lot lately, too!! She'll sit there and cry and hold her arms out for me..What is it with these babies? ;)

Unknown said...

Oh, was a sweet sleeping baby.

Kaycee said...

Aw that is so sweet. What a neat way to carry her too.