When we got there, the ladies in the main shop watched the girls while Lee and I went back to the workshop. There are so many fumes back there - not good for the kids (or for us either I'm sure). My piano was all covered with a blanket when we went back there. The main guy that did the finishing did the grand unveiling for us. My jaw must have dropped to the floor when he took that blanket off. I could not believe my eyes! Un-freaking-believable! It is beyond gorgeous! It turned out even better than I ever imagined, and I did have high expectations for what we are paying them. They did a beautiful job, and the guy was just beaming. I can tell that he has a lot of pride in his work. I had to restrain myself from throwing my arms around his neck. I think he is kind of shy and would not quite appreciate that gesture. But I thanked him over and over again!
So we had only discussed wood and hardware finishing with them. We had not previously discussed replacing the keys, but they have yellowed and since we have gone to the time and expense of doing the refinishing we decided to throw in the few extra bucks to have the keys replaced. They are plastic and will be replaced with brand new white plastic keys. So they should last many more years before yellowing so badly. The key replacement will take 7-14 more days. I'm so excited to just get the piano back to my house! I took pics today, but I don't want to post them just yet. When I get the piano back I will post all the pics - before, during, after and finally with my butt on the bench! So stay tuned . . .
But I will post these pics of Mariele. This is after we got home and she was pretty tired and not very smily, but I wanted to get pics of the bow in her hair! Analese has this whole baby bow wardrobe and these little bows clip onto the smallest little sprigs of baby fuzz, which is all Mariele has! Like I said, Mariele was tired, hence the deer in the headlights look:
4 comments:
Congrats on the piano progress. Can't wait to see pictures.
What cute deer in the headlight pictures.
How wonderful that your piano looks so good! I've always wanted a piano just because they look pretty in the house. I don't know how to play it worth a darn though. Guess it would be a waste to have one then, huh? lol
~angie
I cannot wait to see the piano! It sounds perfect! She is so cute with her bow is it one of Kaycee's itty bittys? I love those- they stay in so well. Oh I ordered a Baby Bjorn last night on Amazon!! I cannot wait till it gets here. I didn't get the Air one but they sound comparable..
I can't wait to see the piano pictures. You are clearly very excited. I think it's wonderful that you are investing in something that means so much to you.
Bow? Adorable!
Post a Comment