Monday, July 26, 2010

Sleepovers!

Analese finally got her introduction into the new and wonderful world of sleeping over (and having someone sleep over). First she was able to sleep over at her buddy Tee-ta's house on Saturday night. It all went very well. She had a wonderful time, and when I asked her if she missed me, her response was, "I did NOT miss you, mommy. I was just fine!" AGHHH Dagger in my heart! The very next night, Tee-ta came to OUR house to sleep over. Analese was so excited about having Tee-ta there that she was keeping poor Tee-ta awake until the wee hours of the morning. I decided not to be the strict party pooper mom and I was going to let them talk and play in her room until they finally got sleepy. Well at 12:30 in the a.m., two little four year old girls came marching into our bedroom announcing that they were unable to get the door back on the Barbie carriage. I got up and took them back to her room and gently told them that it was time to get into bed - quiet time, that is. They cooperated, and Tee-ta really looked quite relieved as I was tucking her in next to Analese. I sat there beside their bed for a few moments. It took Tee-ta less than 60 seconds to fall into a deep sleep. Analese followed suit when she realized that her play buddy had trotted off to dreamland. Anyway, both sleepovers were a success, and we will do it again for sure!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun!!!

Stacey said...

So cute! Cole's cousin Julia has slept over a few times and he's spent the night at her house once now. He loves it!

Yng said...

Tee-Ta had a great time. Thank you, Auntie Mel!!

Carrie said...

LOL! So cute!! Wow, they were little night owls! haha!