Sunday, June 14, 2009

Massaman curry and my super integrated life!

Here is the Massaman curry recipe that one of my commenters requested. My source for the curry paste is my hairdresser from Thailand. She shops at an Asian Market that is pretty far from my house. This recipe is best using a good firm tofu. My hairdresser also gave me some awesome tofu that she bought at a tofu market near the Asian market where she shops.

On Medium heat:

Combine 4 TBSP oil and 4 TBSP curry paste in pan.
Stir constantly for 3 minutes until oil turns red.

Add 3 TBSP sugar, 2 tsp. salt, 1 can coconut milk, and 1 can water.
Stir until curry is well dispersed.

Add:

1 whole Bell Pepper
2 Cups chunked Potatoes
2 Cups sliced Onions
2 Cups Cubed Tofu
½ Cup Raw Peanuts

Simmer on low heat:
.
The sauce will become darker and thicker as it reduces.

Basically you want the potatoes cooked, but not overdone.

Serve hot over steamed jasmine rice.



****NOW....Today as I was meal planning, I thought to myself, Wouldn't it be nice if there was a MacGourmet app for the iPhone that would sync with the MacGourmet on my laptop where I have all of my recipes? I checked the app store. The iPhone ads are correct - there IS an app for that! SCORE! Now I have all of my recipes on my iPhone! If I am at the grocery store and need to refer to a recipe to buy the ingredients, I have it right there on my phone!

And on a more random note, today we took Analese to this big, giant pizza place that also has go-karts, bumper cars, mini golf, bowling, ice-skating and many more age appropriate games and activities for a 3 year old. This place blows Chuck E Cheese away. There is no comparison (I hate Chuck E Cheese). For one thing, the restaurant is totally separate from the game area. Food and drinks are not allowed in the game area. There are hand sanitizer dispensers on the wall all throughout the game area. The games look like somebody actually wipes them off now and then. We did not eat there (went to the China Buffet next door when we finished playing), but from the looks of the buffet it seems like the food would be less craptastik than Chuck E Cheese. Anyway Analese had a blast!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I could eat Tofu and curry!! That sounds like a yummy recipe.

What a neat feature for your phone.

Carrie said...

We have a Chuckie Cheese on steroids by us, too, its called Incredible Pizza. Thanks for the advice on the Kindle iPhone app. Jeremi and I are going to get iphones for our 7th anniversary gifts to each other in March. Sort of awhile off, but they aren't cheap and it'll give us something to look forward, too!

Stacey said...

Mmm! Thanks so much. We have several Asian markets nearby and I'm sure one of them will hook me up with the proper ingredients. Thanks again.