Sunday, January 17, 2010

Breakfast Ice-cream

I got this idea of breakfast ice-cream from my high school buddy, Brandie. She makes it for her daughter and it is a sneaky way to serve up lots of vitamins, anti-oxidants and good omega fats. So I decided to try it this morning. We all love my fruit smoothie, so I knew they would love the breakfast ice-crean too. Brandie makes hers with avacado, frozen strawberries and yogurt. I did not have frozen strawberries, but I did have frozen blueberries. So I took out my Vita-mix blender and added two ripe avacados, almost an entire bag of frozen blueberries, and one carton of Dannon blueberry yogurt (with fruit on the bottom). I did not add any additional liquid, because the idea is to make this thick like ice-cream. It turned out great and we ALL liked it. The avacado adds the fat that you expect in ice-cream. So this ice-cream just "feels" fatty in your mouth from the avacado. All you taste is the blueberries, though. Delish!



4 comments:

Karen said...

I may have to try that here! I love blueberries!!

Unknown said...

Sound delicious. Love the idea of a healthy ice cream.

Kara said...

Sounds delicious!

Carrie said...

Your title drew me in... Mixing avocado with fruit sort of freaks me out, but, hmm, I may just try this one... if an almost 1 year old will eat it, it must be delicious!