Monday, April 11, 2011

Curly Q the Heart Stopper

My little Curly Q. She is quite the little firecracker. She loves to eat every meal outside. We are having lots of picnics lately. She almost sent me into cardiac arrest twice today. She and big sissy were out at the play set. I was in the kitchen. I looked out and she was standing on the very top rung of the rope ladder. I did not want to startle her, so I muttered a quick prayer and quickly made my way back there to coax her down. She came down quite expertly and safely. I headed back to the kitchen to tend to the loaf of bread in the oven. I guess I should have figured that she was going to do it again, but the next time I glanced out there, she had crawled across the entire beam that the monkey bars are attached to. She was above the monkey bars. The only possible way for her to get any higher would be to climb on the roof of the play set. And who knows, that may have been next. I told her that she was getting too high and not to do that anymore. Her response? "Go 'way! No look me." That's my Curly Q. The source of all my gray hairs.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I took the kids to the playground the other day and Autumn is so brave, too! And so clumsy still! I get so nervous, too.

Rachel said...

Oh my word!!! The part about what she said made me laugh; she's just too cute!

I can't believe how daring she is with everything-- playground, swimming, everything!

Unknown said...

Yikes!! Glad things worked out safely.