Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Go 'way.

Lee had to work very late at the hospital tonight, so bedtime was all me. He has been putting them to bed, and it has been working out fabulously. Seems like if I am involved they just don't do as well. And Lee lacks a couple of anatomical parts that Mariele is still very fond of on me. We are very slowly but surely weaning. Maybe this is actually it! Anyway, I tucked them in at 8:00 and left the room. I did not lie down with them. Just a quick story, prayers, kisses and tuck in. Mariele fussed a bit at first, and left the room several times. Analese was tired and just wanted to earn her magnet and go to sleep. I even told Analese that I would give her two magnets if she would keep Mariele in there. I heard her try to coax Mariele into staying and snuggling with her. Didn't work. Analese said, "Sorry, Mommy. I tried." Anyway, I just kept taking Mariele back and putting her in the bed. She was saying "Blue eye ouchie!" I did check her eye and did not see anything wrong with it. She stopped fussing after I took her back to bed several times. I decided to head downstairs to shred. About halfway through the workout, I heard Mariele on the stairs. She just stayed at the bottom of the stairs. I could hear her doing jumping jacks and butt kicks. I totally ignored her and finished the workout. During the cool down, I could peripherally see her stretching out her hamstrings. It was actually kind of cute. When I reached for the remote to turn off the TV, I could hear her patter upstairs. When I made it to the top of the stairs, she ducked into their room real quick and closed the door so I wouldn't realize that she had been out of bed HA HA! She was fast asleep snuggled in next to sissy when I got out of the shower.

I think she will be a breeze to potty train, as long as Mars keeps making M&Ms. She always tells me when she needs to #2. She prefers a book and at least 10 minutes of total privacy. She was not all that happy about the photo intrusion here.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I think Autumn is going to be a breeze to train as well! I am so relieved. I think we are going to switch her to Dora panties after Easter.

Joanna said...

LOL. I love when they are being "sneaky" without realizing you know they are there the whole time. Little stinkers.