Let's just say that while 2008 has been a year of blessings, it has been a somewhat stressful, bloated, time-dragging year. Here is the recap as I remember:
January - got my new Rav 4 (which I still LOVE by the way)! Lee comes home one day and says, "Maybe we should move to Texas." We discuss it at length and decide to pursue the job opportunity there.
February through June - all our time is involved in going back and forth to Texas to job interview and look at houses. When we are not doing that we are getting our Colorado house ready to sell.
May - a good month. Found out I was pregnant with Mariele! Visited Little Rock and saw my brother graduate college.
June - Lee moves to Texas at the end of this month (without me or Analese - so sux!)
July - Analese and I join Lee in Texas along with our 2 cats (with the help of my mom). We are staying with friends temporaily until our house closes and gets painted on the inside. Whereas our friends were extremely hospitable and kept us very comfortable, there is still an element of stress involved with not living in your own home. That combined with my early pregnancy nausea. Just glad it is over.
August - Analese and I fly back to Colorado to take care of the closing of our house there. We were so glad that it sold in a relatively short time in a depressed housing market. Overseeing the movers is a memory I would rather repress from my mind. UGHHH! We finally move into (but not settle into) our home. We are waiting to get new flooring now.
September - take a vacation to meet some family in Gulf Shores. This was cut short by Hurricane Ike. We were evacuated off the peninsula so we went back to Houston to meet the real deal! Hurricane Ike ravishes everything around our home. We are actually living in a disaster zone. Trees down in the yard and my cat is missing. Can we say STRESS!
October - finally have our flooring in and we start to actually settle into our home. The end of this month brought a joyful reunion with the missing cat!
November - December - the holidays have been pretty good and happy. Had some nice visits from friends and family. Enjoying the extended pool season down here. Finally feeling more settled.
Thought on this pregnancy: I feel like I have had the gestation of an elephant! Hard to believe that I found out I was pregnant when we were both living in our beautiful Colorado home. Moved in the first trimester. Was not settled in the second trimester. Nothing about this pregnancy has gone quickly. I mean it! The LOOOOONGEST pregnancy ever!
SOOOOO - I am very optimistic about 2009!! We get a new prez (which I am happy about), we will be blessed with the birth our second daughter on the same day that we get the new prez.
Don't get me wrong. I don't mean to whine about '08. It was just factually one of the more stressful years of my life. But blessings still abounded and the Lord with His mercies took care of us and smoothed the way for us.
Happy New Year to ALL!
No comments:
Post a Comment