* Today as I was ending an iChat with my mom, Mariele started grinning and waving. It was a first for her! Now every time I say "Bye-Bye" she grins and waves her little arm. It is very cute! Here is a short video clip. Just ignore my annoying high-pitched baby voice and focus on Mariele's cuteness LOL!
* When we were walking the Big Dam Bridge over Thanksgiving, Lee and I had to take Mariele back to the car for a diaper change. Analese stayed with my mom on the bridge. After a while she was asking my mom where her Daddy was. Mom said, "I don't know. What does your Daddy look like?" Her answer? "He has big ears, big hands, big fingers, and big brown eyes!"
* This morning Analese found my bra in the closet and wanted to try it on. She said, "Mommy, don't you think it would be silly for me to wear your bra?" ROLLS EYES!
* We are having Christmas at our house this weekend. Lee has to work the next weekend, and the weekend after that we will be in Little Rock. So I am trying to get things done in the house this week to get ready for some nice weekend Christmas celebrating. Analese will get her Barbie Jeep that her Meemee sent to her. It will be exciting times in my household.
* I've really been trying to instill into Analese the spirit of giving. We have been putting toys in the Toys for Tots boxes. I'm pretty sure she does not fully comprehend this, but I am trying to take some of the focus off of her personal materialism.
* Analese's very strong will has emerged lately. I know this is not altogether a bad thing. I want her to always stand up for herself and her beliefs, and I think that she will. I have to give her choices lately when we are getting dressed and doing various tasks. I also may have to let her live with the consequences of some of her poor choices, such as wearing a summer sundress when it is 50 degrees outside. I consulted with the family psychiatrists on this issue. Sometimes Analese makes me want to pull my hair out, but I am glad that she is strong and intelligent. I will just try to gently direct her path the best way I can (without letting her know that I am directing, of course).
*Analese's ballet teacher came up to me after class last week and asked me if I saw Analese during the ballet portion of the class. I had to tell her that I did not because I was busy chatting it up with a couple of other mommies. She said Analese was AMAZING! I will watch closer tomorrow.
I have to finish our Christmas letter today. Gotta go. No time for any more randomness.
4 comments:
Nate has tried on my bra before and he thinks it is hilarious.
Christmas already!
Hey at least she didn't say "Mommy, don't you think it would be silly for YOU to wear a bra?"
Ah consequences. Michael has had a few chilly early morning rides to my mom's. Funny, he hasn't fought me on putting his jacket on as much since those cold rides. I wonder why?
Have a very Merry Christmas this week-end!!
Sounds like you are going to be busy but having fun! And too funny about the bra... Nathan hasn't asked to try on mine yet, thank goodness.
Post a Comment