Friday, December 11, 2009

TOO SMART for her own good!

First of all, don't flame me, but we are not that into Santa at our house. I have never emphasized Santa with Analese. I don't shield her from the influence of Santa or anything. She enjoys Christmas cartoons as much as the next kid. I am just not making a huge effort to instill in her this belief in a fictional character. Lee and I were both raised with a de-emphasis on Santa at Christmastime. The emphasis was more on the religious meaning of the holiday, the birth of Jesus. And presents came from our hard-working parents. We knew that, and the joy of the holiday was not in any way diminished. So naturally, we are raising our children in the same way. So I am sitting here right now watching the Dora the Explorer Christmas special with Analese. Santa is one of the stars of this movie. He keeps two separate lists, a list of kids and characters on the nice list, and the naughty list (Swiper the Fox is on this one of course). So just for the fun of it, I asked Analese, "Are you on the naughty list or the nice list." First of all, she looked at me like I was nucking futs and her reply was, "I'm not on ANY list because there is no Santa!"

4 comments:

LauraC said...

That is hilarious!
Jon and I wavered a long time on the whole Santa issue and in the end, we decided to give them a few years of thinking there is someone who does something crazy. We do not go overboard though, just a couple of presents each year. Mostly we just want to spend the time as family!

Unknown said...

Yeah for her!!!

Yng said...

Way too smart!! No one can fool her. :)

Anonymous said...

Too funny!!

Zoey told me the other day that she thinks Santa is just for pretend but she likes getting presents so she's unsure.