Saturday, January 16, 2010

And another one started...

It seems that I am just not content unless I have some ginormous looming project to occupy my time. This week has been "retro week" on Facebook. A couple of my high school buddies have posted some really fun retro photos that I am in. In fact, I was laughing until I was crying reminiscing with my best friend from high school last night. Anyway, all of this made me realize that I totally need to scan in some retro photos. All of my retro photos happen to be in a big giant plastic storage container. So I set out to start the huge scanning project of the century!




In fact, just for grins and giggles, and for the sake of the vast minority of my blog readers who are not on Facebook (you know who you are), here are some of the retro photos that I have already scanned in!

I was in Fiddler on the Roof when I was about 9 years old. I played the youngest daughter (the one held by Tevye there). Here is the newspaper article about it.



Here I am pretty tiny.



This one is first grade or so.



I was the flower girl in my Aunt Judy's wedding.



Me with my cousin Jennifer.



Junior High. Me with my friends Telese & Mandy. Notice my Coca-cola shirt and my poufy bangs (and mullet style hair) - all the rage back in the day!



Me and my friend Brandie. I think this was taken at Six Flags over Texas. We had just graduated High School, and we thought we were a couple of hotties.



Anna and I had this cheesy button made at the beach one year. She is the one that was making me laugh until I cried last night. My family seriously thought I was touched.



It is great to have all the memories. It is fun to dig through the photos and take a stroll down memory lane. In fact, Anna and Brandie and I are planning to meet up in Arkansas soon. It has been many years since we have seen each other. I have not even met their kids!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I too had a mullet. Yikes! Haha! And, did you notice you and your friend are wearing matching colored socks in one of the photos? Haha! I remember having socks in every color of the rainbow! No way do we do that now, just white socks with jeans or black/brown with trousers. haha

Unknown said...

I had a poofy perm about that time as well.

Thank you for posting pictures here.... since I don't do facebook.

I love pictures from the past.

Steph said...

OMG, I totally rocked the Coca Cola shirt and permed mullet back in the day!