Saturday, January 16, 2010

One big ginourmous project completed....

Look at what the Fed-Ex man brought me today!



It's my blog book! I'm a published author now!

Here is the back cover.



Here are some sample inside pages.








I created the book using Blurb's Booksmart software The software is downloaded for free. Once I figured out all of Booksmart's eccentricities, I was able to complete the book staying up super late a few nights. Of course, the staying up late part may be a contributing factor in the cold that I am just now starting to shake. But all of my efforts were well worth it, because I am pleased as punch with the book. It is very beautiful, the colors of the photographs seem to be accurate, the paper is a nice, high quality, glossy paper. They did a beautiful job printing this book. And I'm sure that the hard-core scrapbookers out there are spending at least the same amount of money per year on scrapbooking supplies that I paid for this book. Notice that this is Volume 1. I plan to publish subsequent volumes, one per year! It is a bit like having a yearbook for the family. Analese had a lot of fun flipping through it.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh!!!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that! Was it (fairly) easy to do with that website? That totally beats printing out the blogs and using a hole puncher to store the posts in binders (what I do)! What a beautiful book.. and such a wonderful treasure for your daughters to read down the road from now. They will be fascinated with the amount of love you put in it for them.

Mel said...

Rachel, Booksmart and I got along pretty well, once I figured out the little quirks. It is pretty easy to use, actually. I do recommend it.

Carrie said...

Booksmart was pretty confusing to me but I did blurb all my content... however I can't figure out how to select a different template from the one I selected before I blurbed and it seems some of the stuff I blurbed is not showing on the pages and some is... I have no idea if that makes sense...anyway, are you going to post instructions? I am almost considering using Laura's LuLu instructions...

Kara said...

That is so awesome!