Saturday, April 16, 2011

Unexpected Pukiness...


First of all, something very strange happened yesterday evening. After dinner, we were all downstairs, but Analese soon disappeared. After a while, I went upstairs to check on her. It is not at all unusual for her to go upstairs to the schoolroom and get very involved in a craft lately. I thought that was probably what she was doing, so imagine my surprise when I found her in her bed under her covers wearing her nightgown at 6:00 p.m. I closed her blinds and left the room. She slept on until around 9:00. She was then awake for an hour or so before going back to sleep for the night. This morning she just picked at her breakfast. We got in the car and went to church. As we were getting out of the car in the church parking lot, Analese tossed all her cookies. The backseat of the car was a complete mess. So we came back home. Lee cleaned out the car, and I cleaned Analese up and put her to bed. She has since vomited two more times and had diarrhea once. So our Saturday plans which included church and getting together with friends for the evening got derailed by unexpected pukiness. I do feel lucky that we made it four years, eleven months and 2 weeks without a pukey illness. She did throw up on the plane last July due to motion sickness, but that does not count in this statistic.

And on a non-pukey note, we harvested the first squash out of our garden today! We've had a good yield of arugula and parsley so far also. Several other squash and some tomatoes are maturing. My basil is still growing.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for your comment on my tulips. So sorry she is sick. The tummy flu is no fun. Hope she gets lots of sleep and feels better soon.

Carrie said...

Ugh. I hate the pukies. Hope it passes soon.

Rachel said...

Poor Analese. I can't believe she's lasted that long though without ever having thrown up; that must be a record! I really do hope she's feeling better soon.