Sunday, April 26, 2009

Answer to the teaser post . . .

Here was the teaser:



Here is what it looks like if you pull it apart:



It is Analese's new desk and an early birthday gift for her! I decided that since I am taking on the pre-school home school that it would be nice for Analese to have a little desk. She has really been wanting one and she LOVES to sit there and do school. So the guesses that came the closest were Kaycee (high chair) and Carrie77 (potty seat) since they did guess chair and seat. The desk does have a seat with it!

Here is a picture of the storage area underneath the seat. Analese likes to store her "school supplies" under there:



She is so proud of her new desk!



Here is the scholar at work. I found this dry erase alphabet pad at Wal-Mart. It works well with the washable crayola markers that she already had:




I also bought her the giant box of crayons and threw out her old crayons. I thought having fresh new crayons might encourage her to color. I guess I am trying to encourage her to color with crayons, because she only seems to want to color with markers. She loves her new box of crayons, but she is more interested in counting them than she is in coloring with them.





And a side note: Here we are 1 week later, and I think we have completed potty training! She is having very few accidents and is wearing panties around the clock! WOO HOO! Now I just have one child in diapers!

6 comments:

Kaycee said...

I'm in LOVE with that desk!!! Wow, that's awesome. And CONGRATS Analese on PT!!!
Can you email me and tell me where you got it and also about homeschool preschool?
TIA!

Karla said...

That is adorable!!! Too cute! Analese looks so cute sitting in it doing her school work too. :)

Will you be homeschooling all the way up or just preK?

LauraC said...

I second that, tell me where you got the desk. Love it!

Carrie said...

Is that desk from Ikea? I love it! And, lol, I guess its not a potty chair! Darh! I can't wait to hear how homeschooling preschool goes..how cool!

Alison said...

I love that desk, ut's so cute!! How exactly are you planning on homeschooling her with preK? I've been looking into preK for Morgan and it's DARN expensive! One place here wanted $155 a week! Maybe homeschool preK is the way to go....

Unknown said...

Very cute. What a cute student!

Yeah for homeschooling!!!