Thursday, January 22, 2009

The birth story with pics!

Got up early early (after not getting that much sleep) to go to the hospital.  Here is a final belly shot of me and we are on our way out the door:




Ready to start! I don't know why but for some reason I was more freaked out this time than last time. I really had the shakes. It was partially from being cold and maybe even more from nerves. I don't know why I had that reaction, but I got through it. The clear drape thing did not pan out. It was the wrong type of drape and it was opaque instead of clear. I did not mind, though, since I did end up with lots of great photos and video.




And here are some pics of the birth:




And a couple of newborn Mariele:




Don't ask me why, but I was really curious about seeing my placenta (I'm weird, I know). Didn't get to see it last time. So here is the placenta in all it's glory!



I have many more pictures to share! But it is time for Mariele to wake up and eat. And I need to go spend some fun time with my family this evening. So stay tuned for part 2 of the pics, beginning with the recovery room.

5 comments:

Anna said...

Congratulations Mel!!! She is beautiful! Heh- DH took photos of my placenta when Nolan was born. It is interesting!

Anna (Nolan's mommy from May 2006 BBC)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting the pictures! You are so beautiful and pregnancy really suits you. Mariele is so beautiful and I can't wait to see lots more!

Oh, and that placenta pic kind of freaked me out! Remind me not to take a pic of mine!

Erin said...

Congratulations! She looks just perfect! Oh, after the placenta came out, Brad totally wasn't expecting it and about threw up. He said it looked like a big pile of spare ribs. I thought it was hilarious that he made it through the birth and everything just fine but the placenta freaked him out! Anyways, i hope you are getting enough rest and i can't wait to see more pics!

House of Blues said...

Oh she is just darling!! I LOVE the birth pics. It still amazes me that those little babies are really in our tummies!!! So glad she is here and cant wait to see more pics! BTW I was SO interested in my placenta! I held it and looked at it after Konnor was born, and forgot to after cole, and then was like "Dang it!! I forgot to look at it this time!" It just all amazes me so much!

MyWorld said...

Beautiful baby! Congratulations! I hope you're feeling well!