Friday, January 9, 2009

A good morning turned bad : (

So even though I have been so exhausted to the point of collapse, I woke up this morning with a newfound surge of energy. I was going to take Analese to the mall to shop for a birthday gift for her little friend Anita who is 4 months older than her. We were all ready to go. We both looked cute and everything. I was going to put her in the car and I thought to myself, something is not right here. Why is my glove compartment open? Why is the center console of my car open? OK - why is my Garmin Nuvi and my ipod gone??? Yes, sometime in the overnight or early morning hours somebody took $600 of stuff out of my car as it was parked in my driveway. The sad thing is, I ALWAYS lock the car. Yesterday when Analese and I got home from Little Gym, Lee came out to vacuum up some goldfish crackers that she had spilled in the car. This morning he confirmed that he did not lock the car when he finished vacuuming. So the ONE night that we leave the car unlocked we have a theft. I know it could be worse. The whole car could be gone, which is what happened to my brother-in-law a year ago or so when he was living in San Antonio. So Analese and I spent about an hour and a half waiting for the officer from the Sheriff's office. I filed the report with him. Interesting he had just come from another home in my neighborhood. A wallet was stolen from another car last night. Seems these thieves just go around checking for unlocked vehicles. And they got a huge payday from my unlocked vehicle last night. I feel so creepy and violated right now. I'm just trying to count my blessings. Our family was safe. Our home was not broken into. It is just STUFF, and I will try not to be mad at Lee for leaving my car unlocked. (Although I may ask to use HIS Garmin Nuvi now). So now it is almost 1:00. Analese just ate lunch. She needs a nap before we go to another Chuck E Cheese party. And we still have not gone to the mall. And that energy I felt earlier? All gone gone bye bye.

7 comments:

Stacey said...

I am sorry. That sucks. I know I would feel the same way. I hope your day got better.

Anonymous said...

That's awful! I know exacatly how you feel. When Aiden was five months old, Matt and I went to a football game and someone broke the window out of our car and stole my breast pump! Several other cars in the area had also been broken into. When we reported the crime, the police officer said there was no one to come take a report at the time because all officers were busy directing traffic from the game! It really does make you feel violated. I'm so sorry you had to go through that especially so close to the time your baby is coming! I hope everything works out...

Jenny/Moravia said...

OH NO! That's awful. I had my wallet stolen from my car the one night I didn't lock it either. I don't normally leave it in my car but the one night I break pattern it's gone.

Karla said...

Ugh that is awful! I am so sorry to hear this!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! I would be so pissed off. I'm sure you were. We don't lock our car but we do our house. This makes me happy I live in such a small town and we don't hace to worry about people doing this.

Kaycee said...

Oh gosh girl :( That's terrible. I'm so happy yall are safe, but what cruddy luck the one night you left the door unlocked. I et your DH feels terrible.

Kara said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! ((HUGS))