Friday, January 30, 2009

More visitors......

Mother-in-law and sister-in-law arrived last night. I had made crock-pot chili (from dried, not canned beans) and a tamale pie. It sure felt good to cook again. And it tasted fabulous! I think I have a hankering for some for breakfast! Anyway, MIL and SIL came bearing gifts for Mariele, Analese, and me! SIL (Amy) put together this beautiful "big girl basket" for Analese, with all kinds of cool big girl stuff in it. She especially likes the sparkly lip gloss! My gift bag contained lots of pampering beauty products, a perfect gift for a post-partum mom. Mariele was the recipient of some very cute outfits, including a bundle-me SNOWSUIT from one of MIL's friends HEE HEE! We need to make a trip back to Colorado now! One of Mariele's outfits from MIL says "Off to Grandma's" on it. I think that is a hint that we need to be making a trip to Arkansas soon. Oh, another one of my gifts was 2 pairs of Bally total fitness yoga pants. I slipped into a pair right after my shower this morning. These are the perfect post c-section recovery pants!

Unfortunately, 50% of my family is still under the weather. Lee and Analese both feel like cr@p. It was such a blessing that Lee actually got a call-off day today, so he was able to stay home from work. And it means a three day weekend for him, so hopefully he will be able to recover as he visits with his mom and sis. Analese still has intermittent fever. When she gets a fever she cries and cries and says, "I need pink medicine!" She is referring to Tylenol. And when her mouth hurts from the teething molar (yes that is happening at the same time), she says, "I have a molar. I need I-pofen." She is referring to ibuprofen here. Poor baby, oops I mean toddler girl.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Hope everyone feels better at your house soon!

Carrie said...

I have no idea how to add that bloggy award to my blog but thanks!! lol! I am so new to this.. also, Nathan loves the tylenol too. He calls it candy! I guess it tastes sweet. I actually got him the dye free tylenol this last time. I hope Lee and Analese start to feel better soon. And, wow, what a bunch of gifts! My MIL is a big gifter, too, and she always finds the coolest things. Enjoy your time with your family. And, the chili sounds so good! I have never had tamale pie tho!

-Bridget said...

Mmmm...tamale pie! That sounds yummy. You should post the recipe.

Hope everyone is doing better now!