Thursday, January 1, 2009

So what does it say about your luck in the coming year

when you BURN THE BLACK-EYED PEAS? First of all I forgot to do the overnight soak last night. So I got up this morning and did the quick soak method. I decided to just cook them on the stovetop (BIG MISTAKE) instead of in the crock-pot. I am still getting used to the gas range. Even on the lowest flame things simmer pretty good. Well, Analese and I had a nice i-chat with my mom this morning (no mom, this is NOT your fault - stop apologizing). After it was over, I smelled COFFEE? No it was actually scorched dry black-eyed peas. Oh well. Still had a pretty tasty lunch - minus the peas of course.

2 comments:

London said...

Yummy! LOL, it happens.

I broke a nice martini glass at midnight, what do you think that says about my luck for the new year?

Anonymous said...

Been there... done that!!! Thank goodness for the crockpot!