Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Random spewings forth . . .

*Curse words - I hate them. I mean I hate the real, vulgar ones. But I am not perfect, and sometimes the frustration of a situation just calls for a little verbage. So I have, over the years, created my own vocabulary of completely non-sensical but relatively clean "dirty words." Here are some of my ugly words: PIG! PIGGLY WIGGLY! Sometimes PIG CRAP! (now I know that one is getting a little vulgar). And if the situation is just overwhelmingly frustrating, I just might drop the f-bomb. The queen mother of all my own little personal expletive vocab: FRICK ON A STICK WITH A BRICK! So I guess it is a good thing that my curse words are a little counter-cultural, because the other day when I must have displayed some frustration on my face out in public (way over-crowded restaurant), Analese looked at me and said, "Piggly Wiggly on a stick with a brick, mommy."

*The other night, Analese and I were out in the kitchen when we heard Mariele start to fuss on the baby monitor. Analese says, "That's your child, mommy."

*Potty training is going awesome. Analese has not even had an accident in about 3 days. She goes to bed dry, wakes up dry, stays dry in her panties all day, and puts all of her body waste into the potty. She is also learning human physiology. (YAY home school, once again). Today she was enjoying a drink in the kitchen after lunch. She told me, "Mommy, this will turn into pee-pee in my body." I asked her if she needs to go to the potty. Her response was, "It is still turning into pee-pee mommy."

*Speaking of homeschooling, I learned that a mommy of one of Analese's fellow dancers is homeschooling! I got to have a nice conversation with her while our daughters were dancing today. She is the third homeschooler I have talked to out here in the past 2 weeks! Turns out that homeschooling does exist and is, in fact, thriving out here. I was glad to know this!

*Analese was in a bit of a mood this morning. I was trying to take pictures of both of my girls smiling at the same time. Hmmm, maybe someday? She was pretty much flat out refusing to smile for pictures this morning:




This is the closest I got to pleasant expressions on both girls' faces:



*Analese's mood carried over to Little Gym class. For the first time ever she was clinging to me and not wanting to go into her class. One of her favorite teachers, Miss Allison, came over and got her from me. She was fine then. She adores Miss Allison. Then when it was time for shoe change she did the same thing - started clinging to me. But when Miss Allison came to get her she was on her merry way.

*Miss Shanna, the main dance teacher, told me after class that Analese is so mature for her age and she listens so well and learns so quickly (beaming with pride here).

*A child (23 months old) from Mexico died of swine flu at a medical center in Houston yesterday. This swine flu thing is scary and I am hoping and praying that it will stay sparse in the U.S. Also praying for the other affected areas in the world, of course. Scary that there was a case in the metro area where I live.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the last picture. They look so cute! And I can tell from your posts that Analese is very bright!

Carrie said...

The last picture is adorable! I am glad she went back in once the teacher encouraged her. I am so worried about that when Nathan's goes to the Little Gym again this summer. And, yes, the swine flu is so scary! Just wash your hands and the kids hands A LOT! Here is a website I found on it:
http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/

Joanna said...

LOL, I love your own little swearing language. It's very Dr. Seuss like.

Yng said...

Ha Ha!! You crack me up with your swearing language! LOL

Kaycee said...

Aw! I think they turned out cute! Sooo reminds me of Cami, haha!

btw I am scared of the Swine Flu too. UGH! I don't want to take the girls to Wal Mart or Target for like 3 months now..lol

London said...

frick on a stick with a brick...that totally made me LMAO..okay LMBO...I'll be good!