Friday, May 15, 2009

Christmas Cookies in May!

Analese always draws some inspiration from her monthly issue of Highlights High Five Magazine for preschoolers. This month there was a cute illustration of a raccoon dipping a cookie into a glass of milk accompanying a poem called Milk and Cookies. Analese informed me that she wishes to dip a cookie into some milk. So we did a sugar cookie baking project this morning. I only had red and green sprinkles, so they do look a bit like Christmas cookies. They do taste fabulous. Nothing wrong with a little Christmas in May, right? Here are some photos of our little baker at work:






Enjoying the fruits of her labor. Getting to experience milk and cookies:





3 comments:

Stacey said...

She's so adorable! I had to comment because we also get that magazine. When I told Cole he was invited to a stuffed animal birthday party he said, "Like in the magazine?" remembering the "Build It" page from this month's issue. It's good that it makes an impression.
I love your photos!

Carrie said...

I love the Highlights magazine, too! We have yet to make the sweet smelling play dough- maybe we will this week since I am off work! You made a lot of cookies! YUM! She sure looks happy with her cookie dipped in milk!

Unknown said...

How fun!! Love the pictures. Yummy!!