Saturday, May 9, 2009

Suburban campfire and Mother's Day Weekend . . .

Yesterday we spent the evening with our friends who have discovered the joys of camping out on their driveway. We enjoyed the evening festivities of roasting marshmallow and melting chocolate over the campfire. I did not think it would be all that feasible to try driveway camping with Mariele, so we came home to our beds to sleep. But it was a good time! Here are some pics that Yng Yng took with her camera:

Doesn't Analese look grown up here?



Analese and her buddy Anita being silly:



Driveway campfire:





Analese with buddy Caleb. Last night her greeting to him was a hug and "I love you, Caleb."



This morning we went to church. They had the typical Mother's Day weekend church service with the flowers for the moms in the congregation. I got 2 flowers! Here's me and my girls:



I'm pretty excited because we have reservations at The Melting Pot for next Tuesday! I've never been. We did not want to go tonight because Analese is too worn out from her swimming this afternoon. We tried to get reservations tomorrow, but the earliest time available was 7:15, which is kind of late for us. So we are going at 5:00 on Tuesday!

6 comments:

The Guerra's said...

Yum-o on the Melting Pot. We have one here in Oklahoma City and it is AMAZING! Have fun and be sure to save room for dessert! If you like smores then they have the perfect dessert for you!!

Yng said...

Yay, Melting Pot! Analese will love cooking own food.

Karla said...

Our 3 year olds are getting big!! Its very sad and exciting at the same time. The driveway camping looks like fun.

Enjoy the Melting Pot. Very yummy!!

Carrie said...

Happy Mother's Day! Mmmm s'mores! I love the Melting Pot!

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day to you my dear friend.

Kaycee said...

Happy Mother's Day Mel!!

Yes Analese is looking very grown up! Your get together looked fun!